May 3, 2013
The State Fair Community College Theatre Arts program will present a student theater showcase at 7 p.m. May 9 and 10 in the Thompson O’Sullivan Studio Theatre in Yeater Learning Center Room 126 on the Sedalia campus.
Admission is free. Complimentary refreshments will be served.
The showcase will feature five student-directed one-act plays, a collaborative project of students in SFCC’s acting, directing and stagecraft classes.
Parental guidance is suggested.
Plays will include:
• “When God Comes for Breakfast, You Don’t Burn the Toast” by Gary Apple, directed by Kacey Knox, of Lexington, with cast members Alex Rodriguera and Jessica Borchardt, of Sedalia, and Molina Cline, of Boonville.
• “Heart in the Ground” by Douglas Hill, directed by Caleb Menichelli, of Versailles, with cast members Sarah Hill, of Versailles, and Johnathon McAninch, of Holden.
• “Greater Tuna” by Jaston Williams, Joe Sears and Ed Howard, directed by Courtney Rigdon, of Sedalia, with cast members Devin Ersery, of Kansas City, and Laramie Ellis, of Monett.
• “Amateurs” by David Auburn, directed by Kacy Barta, Monett, with cast members Zack Craft, of Butler, Rachel Walton, of Sedalia, and Elizabeth Stipetich, of Windsor.
• “The Boor” by Anton Tchekov, directed by Lauren Smith, of Owensville, with cast members Heather Hill, of Versailles, Dalton Pierce, of Holden, and Stephen Klee, of Warrensburg.
For more information, call the SFCC box office at 530-5814 or visit sfccmo.edu.