May 23, 2013
(NAPSI)—There’s good news for seniors about to graduate from high school. Investing a little time and effort now can pay off when it comes to planning your future. Here are some tips.
• Talk with your parents, teachers and counselors about your career goals and get their advice.
• Spend time with people who work in areas of interest to you and find out what it takes to succeed.
• Put together a résumé you can use when applying for a job.
• For young men, registration with the Selective Service System is required by law within 30 days of their 18th birthday.
• This can be done by mail, at a post office or online with a computer or smartphone. Just visit www.sss.gov and click on the registration icon.
It is important to remember that registration is required in order to be eligible for Pell Grants, College Work-Study and Guaranteed Student PLUS Loans, federal job training and federal jobs.
To learn more about registration, visit www.sss.gov.
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)