sedaliademocrat.com

Propane explosion levels house near La Monte

10 months 19 days 11 hours ago |304 Views | | | Email | Print

The Green Ridge Fire Department responded to an explosion early Thursday morning near La Monte.



Green Ridge Fire Chief Allan Rohrbach said his crew and members of the Pettis County Sheriff’s Office responded to the explosion at 1:50 a.m.



“When firefighters arrived there was nothing left but the foundation,” Rohrbach said.



Debris was scattered more than 200 yards in each direction from the home.



State Fire Marshal investigators and investigators from the Missouri Propane Gas Association said the incident was caused by a propane explosion.



Rohrbach said no one was in the home at the time of the explosion, but the sound and shaking was felt as far as Knob Noster.



Officials cleared the scene by 9:45 a.m.


Comments

comments powered by Disqus

Weather

Sponsored By:

Local Gas Prices

Lowest Gas Prices in Sedalia
Sedalia Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com

Featured Business