Last updated: September 07. 2013 1:44AM - 33 Views

Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

A Sedalia family is without a home for the night after a Friday morning fire on East 16th Street.

Firefighters were called to the 626 E. 16th St. rental home of Steve Lindsay, 33, about 8 a.m. after Lindsay discovered a smoke-filled attic while getting his children ready for school.

Capt. David McMillin with the Sedalia Fire Department said the fire appeared to have been caused by an electrical short in the wall in an upstairs bedroom.

Firefighters took about five minutes to knock the flames down, McMillin said, and remained on the scene about 45 minutes. A portion of East 16th Street was briefly closed due to the fire.

The house sustained only minor structural damage, although the bedroom was extensively damaged, officials said.

The Red Cross was contacted to assist the family, Lindsay said.

All user comments are subject to our Terms of Service. Users may flag inappropriate comments.
comments powered by Disqus

Featured Businesses


Info Minute

Gas Prices

Sedalia Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com