During its meeting on Monday, the Sedalia City Council will get an update on street work projects.
Public Works Director Bill Beck said he will present council with an overview of the last five years worth of projects as well as an update on current and upcoming construction.
“I like to give the council a where and why and how of all the projects we’ve had lately,” Beck said. “Public Works is usually a big part of the city budget so it’s good for them to know where the money is going and what we’re doing to keep costs down.”
During the meeting council will also consider:
• Approve a bid to Foley, Ala.-based Vulcan Signs for city garage sign materials; $7,866.70
• Approve bids for the demolition of structures at 175 Summer Ave., 1220 S. Lamine Ave., 415 S. Massachusetts Ave., and 411 S. New York Ave.; $14,600 total.
• Approve an addition to the Master Agreement for Professional Services for Olsson Associates to provide a comprehensive inspection of the Grand Avenue bridge; $7,500.
• Approve and ordinance accepting an agreement with Houston-Galveston Area Council for a cooperative purchasing and bidding program, which may save the city money on purchases.
• Approve an ordinance between the city and H.W. Lochner, Inc. for final design and bidding services associated with the rehabilitation of the runway at the Sedalia Regional Airport; $193,675, 95 percent of which will be covered by grant dollars.
• Approve the purchase of a refurbished 4,000-gallon self service fuel system for the Sedalia Regional Airport; $61,801.
The Sedalia City Council pre-meeting will start at 6 p.m. in the mayor’s conference room with the regular meeting immediately following at 7 p.m. in council chambers at the Municipal Building, 200 S. Osage Ave. For more information, call 827-3000.