The State Fair Community College campus will be decked out for the holidays for tonight’s sixth annual “Jingle on the Green.”
The free annual event, sponsored by SFCC and the SFCC Foundation, runs from 6 to 8 p.m. on the Sedalia campus. The event is meant as a thank you to the community for their continued support of the campus, said SFCC Marketing Director Dana Kelchner.
“This is a tradition that started six years ago and was designed as a gift back to the community. The community gives us so much in terms of support to the foundation and students and attending our events. We wanted a way to give something back for the whole community,” Kelchner said. “We are hoping for hoping for another big crowd and this is just a great way to kick off the holiday season.”
The community holiday celebration will feature thousands of luminarias, holiday music and desserts, along with holiday-themed stations with festively decorated trees located around campus. The stations and music schedule includes:
• 6 p.m., Parkhurst Student Commons, “Holiday Traditions”— SFCC Board of Trustees President Gary Noland will give a brief holiday welcome. There will be a Sedalia Blue Ribbon Vision certificate presentation. Performances will include the SFCC Jazz Choir at 6:15 p.m., the SFCC Jazz Runners at 7 p.m. and the Smith-Cotton Jazz Band at 7:30 p.m.
Santa and Ginger the Elf will also be in the Parkhurst Commons from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
• Daum Museum of Contemporary Art foyer, “Chocolate Delight”— 6:30 to 8 p.m., free art-making for children
• Hopkins Student Center lobby, “Frosted Whimsy”— Danny Brymer will play guitar at 7:30 p.m.
• Yeater Learning Center lobby, “Peppermint Twist”— Performances will include the Clinton High School Choir at 6:30 p.m., the Cole Camp High School Choir at 7 p.m. and the SFCC Chamber Choir at 7:30 p.m.
• Sylvia L. Thompson Atrium in the Heckart Science and Allied Health Center, “Sleigh Ride”— Performances will include the California Sixth-Grade Choir at 6:30 p.m., the Marshall High School Choraliers at 7 p.m. and the Boonville High School Choir at 7:30 p.m.
• Gerken Solarium in the Heckart Center, “Merry ’N Bright”— Performances will include the Lincoln Seventh-Grade Choir at 6:45 p.m. and the Sweet Adelines chorus at 7:15 p.m.
Volunteers helping with the event include the Sedalia Retired and Senior Volunteer Program and the SFCC Ag Club, Ambassadors, Nursing Club, Radiology Club, Roadrunners and Lady Roadrunners, Student Government Association, and Spirit Squad.
The SFCC Foundation sponsors Jingle on the Green. For more information about this and other arts events at SFCC, go to sfccmo.edu/thearts. Parking will be available in all lots on campus.