What Women Want--In A Swimsuit
(NAPSI)—Women, it seems, would rather be heard than seen…in a swimsuit, that is. In fact, according to a recent survey of women conducted on behalf of Lands’ End, more women (66 percent) would be self-conscious appearing in public in a swimsuit than they would be giving a speech.
The survey also found what women do like about a swimsuit: Ninety-eight percent said proper fit is essential.
Women confess to feeling “exposed” when wearing a swimsuit in a crowd but the survey also found that only 20 percent are concerned about the opinion of the general public.
Popular At Pool And Beach
Here are a few of the other ideas women have about what to wear for sunning and swimming:
• One-Piece Preferred—One-pieces continue to rule among almost seven out of 10 women.
• Bold Bikinis—Nevertheless, almost half plan to brave a bikini this season.
• Multiple Choice—Two-thirds plan to purchase a new swimsuit this year and almost a quarter will get more than one suit.
• Mix It Up—More than half prefer to buy each piece separately for proper fit on each.
• Quality Counts—Women demand a quality swimsuit, with 89 percent stating that the level of quality affects their decision.
• Cool Coverage—Fully 85 percent look for a swimsuit with good coverage.
• Shopping Strategies—Swimsuit shoppers are using multiple channels when shopping for swimsuits, including in store (89 percent), online (64 percent) and via catalog (42 percent).
• Considering Colors—Popular shades range from classic black and white to color clashing.
• Nautical Is Nice—The nautical look is one of this swim season’s favorites.
• Vintage-Inspired Glam—Retro swim styles offer a subtle infusion of vintage cuts and prints, ruched swim tops and skirts.
• Sun Safety—Staying safe in the sun is a top trend. Fortunately, those soaking in the sun’s rays can stay safer in a feminine, fashionable way with a Lands’ End Swim Tee in a range of patterns and colors.
• Flattering Fit—About eight out of 10 want a swimsuit to flatten the tummy area, while almost half would like a swimsuit that enhances the bust area, slims hips or helps to conceal thighs. More than half want a swimsuit with slimming technology, such as can be found with the Lands’ End Slender Suit.
You can find further facts and tips about swimsuits online at www.landsend.com and (800) 800-5800.
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices