How to Deck Your Holiday Halls with Fresh, Festive Flowers
(StatePoint) While Mother Nature may do the work of creating an outdoor winter wonderland this holiday season, the inside of your home is up to you. Don’t stress, decorating your home with holiday flowers and plants can be a fun and easy way to create your very own enchanting holiday atmosphere.
Here are five top holiday decorating tips that will bring some festive floral flair to your home this season:
• Expecting houseguests? Decorate all of the rooms in your home with a few simple touches to create a cozy holiday sanctuary for you and your loved ones. Florals are the perfect way to welcome your guests. Place small vases of fresh flowers in bedrooms and bathrooms. Just a few blooms will do the trick and the thoughtful gesture won’t go unnoticed.
• Adorning each of your holiday dining tables with a festive theme will make the delicious experience even more delightful. For a formal holiday dinner, a traditional centerpiece makes a statement of elegance. Teleflora, a nationwide floral retailer, is a popular source for artfully arranged holiday centerpieces. Their vintage-style Silver Glow Centerpiece, which features a stylish mercury glass hurricane nestled in a bed of Christmas greens and red roses, will light up your holiday table. Add an extra special touch by tying your linen napkins with silver ribbon.
Don’t forget to top the children’s table with something whimsical and sweet, such as the Teleflora’s red and white striped Peppermint Christmas Bouquet. Add candy canes to the table place settings and no one will mind sitting at the kids’ table this year. More information and great decorating ideas can be found at www.Teleflora.com.
• When choosing holiday florals and decorative accents, experiment with color palettes. Add some unexpected color to traditional holiday hues of red, green, gold and silver. Lime or chartreuse combined with reds and greens will give your décor a modern twist. For a rich, upscale look, add shades of plum and aubergine to traditional burgundy and gold decor.
• Bring new life, color and fragrance to artificial green garlands, wreaths, and boughs from years past. Mixing your artificial elements with fresh stems like heather, magnolia and seeded eucalyptus will enhance the look of your décor and create a fragrant holiday scent that will evoke memories of merry times.
• Create your own special holiday decorating traditions. Save your favorite bowls, vases and keepsakes from your floral arrangements and fill them with ornaments, candy or other festive goodies. Teleflora offers an extensive array of collectible floral containers that can be cherished and enjoyed for holidays to come.
This season, use holiday flowers and plants to fill your home with warmth and a festive spirit that will make your guests want to return every year.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices