(NAPSI)—In the flurry of today’s active family lifestyles, it is clear that the garage is no longer just the domain of the family car. For many households, this versatile space is used by every member of the family. It has become the logical place to store tools and gear for sports, hobbies, yard work and playtime, along with out-of-season items that would otherwise take up room inside the home.
However, with so much to hold and family members coming and going all the time, the challenge is to keep this space neat and well organized.
To help, here are some garage design tips from EasyClosets—an online provider of do-it-yourself custom storage and organization systems for all areas of the home.
• Establish the transition area—the space that’s reserved for hanging coats, storing shoes and boots, and setting down packages, groceries or mail when you’re opening the door.
• Next, determine a need-it-now area for quick and easy access to things like dog food and leashes, water bottles and other beverages, or recycling bins.
• Decide which area is best for long, thin yard and maintenance tools like shovels, rakes and clippers.
• Identify elevation zones, creating a storage area for large items that may be stored out of the way for months at a time, such as coolers, camping gear and holiday decorations. Reserve easy-to-reach areas for the kids to keep their sports equipment.
• Plan an area for frequently used items such as active gear, outdoor games and cleaning supplies.
• Stake out a workspace for hobbies and interests. From gardening to fishing, woodworking or automotive work, designate a space for organizing tools and supplies needed to work on these projects.
A Multipurpose Space
To help homeowners complete the conversion of their garage to a truly multipurpose family space, EasyClosets created organization solutions that keep the garage in order, improve its appearance, and make it easy for family members to find or put away the things they need.
“Transforming the garage into a hardworking, multipurpose space can actually empower a family’s active lifestyle,” said EasyClosets organization expert Denise Scopas.
Homeowners can choose from cabinets, shelves, drawers, work surfaces and clever accessories. EasyClosets garage cabinets are available in several depth and height options, and can even be customized to meet a variety of width requirements. To maximize space, the company also offers slatwall panels to hold hooks, racks and baskets. The cabinets come in seven on-trend colors and with stylish hardware that coordinates with today’s homes.
Designed and engineered especially for the garage environment, the solutions feature heavy-duty cabinets with integrated full back panels, one-inch-thick sturdy shelves, and doors with wide-opening Euro-style hinges. Legs can also be added for additional support or style.
Intuitive Design Feature
The company offers an intuitive online design tool to make space planning quick and easy for homeowners. Complimentary design service is also available, allowing customers to have an expert review their plan or create it for them. The solutions are made specifically for do-it-yourself installation. Components are cut to order and shipped with a complete set of hardware and detailed instructions to make home assembly successful—even for those without remodeling experience.
To learn more, visit www.easyclosets.com/family-garage.
Note to Editors: The photograph is copyright protected. Please do not remove or change the copyright statement.
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)