(NAPSI)--The cornerstone of our nation, the U.S. Constitution, resides in the Rotunda of the National Archives. It is protected in a high-tech titanium case under protective glass, and window film has been installed to help protect this precious document from fading due to light exposure.
The same kind of easily installed window film can protect your home’s treasures as well.
• Blocks up to 99 percent of UV rays
• Slows fading of furnishings
• Is virtually clear, letting natural light in
• Can reflect interior heat back inside to keep you warmer in cold weather
• Reduces solar heat gain, which can save you up to 30 percent off your cooling costs in warm weather.
Another plus-for 2013 and retroactive to 2012, window films qualify for an up to $500 home improvement energy tax credit from the IRS.
“Many homeowners are choosing professionally installed window film as a smart and convenient way to upgrade their existing windows to today’s energy-saving standards rather than paying the high cost of replacing them,” said Darrell Smith, executive director of the nonprofit International Window Film Association.
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)