(NAPSI)—You can save time and money by traveling to vacation destinations when it’s not peak season.
For example, May and June is a great time to visit the theme parks and other attractions of Orlando, Florida—named the top value destination for 2013 by Hotwire.com. In late spring, temperatures and shorter wait times at the theme parks make it a great time to visit.
In addition, visitors get more of what they love about the most visited destination in the U.S., including great rates on a wide range of accommodations and new attractions and activities that families will love, including:
• Antarctica—Empire of the Penguin at SeaWorld Orlando. A state-of-the-art, interactive ride takes guests on an exciting journey through the dangers and wondrous beauty of the Antarctic as they follow and mimic a young penguin’s adventures.
• At Universal Orlando Resort there’s Transformers: The Ride--3D with in-park appearances by Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, towering at more than nine feet tall.
• Walt Disney World Resort has unveiled New Fantasyland featuring Under the Sea—Journey of the Little Mermaid, a musical showcase for Ariel and friends, and Enchanted Tales with Belle, where guests re-enact “the tale as old as time.” Other new areas include Be Our Guest Restaurant and Gaston’s Tavern inspired by “Beauty and the Beast.”
• The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is now the 90,000-square-foot home for the Space Shuttle Atlantis, which retired in 2011. Interactive features reflect major accomplishments of the Space Shuttle program, including the Hubble Space Telescope and the International Space Station. In addition, Angry Birds Space Encounter offers interactive exhibits featuring the characters of the popular game.
• Fun Spot Action Park has a wide range of family-friendly go-kart tracks and rides including White Lightning, a wooden roller coaster; Vekoma, a suspended family coaster; and the world’s biggest SkyCoaster.
• A boutique bowling venue, Kings Bowl Orlando features 22 lanes and a full-service restaurant, full-sized billiard tables, a regulation-sized shuffleboard table, a full outdoor boccie ball court, weekend DJs and dancing.
For more information, a free vacation-planning kit or discount attraction tickets, go to Visit Orlando.com/more or call (800) 551-0181. For updates, follow at Twitter.com/VisitOrlando and Facebook.com/VisitOrlando.
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)