(NAPSI)—When school’s out and families are out for some fun, Valley Forge and Montgomery County, Pa. offer a variety of exciting spots to explore:
Ten Hot Spots for Family Fun
• Within the historic treasures of Valley Forge National Historical Park (www.nps.gov/vafo/index.htm) are paved trails for biking, hiking and horseback riding. Also, youngsters can join the Crayfish Corps and work with National Park Service staff to remove a species of harmful crayfish from the Valley Creek ecosystem.
• At Arnold’s Family Fun Center (http://arnoldsfamilyfuncenter.com), there’s laser tag, go-karts, bowling, minigolf, air hockey, and video and pinball games.
• Elmwood Park Zoo (www.elmwoodparkzoo.org) has 300 animals set in grasslands, wetlands, woodlands and bayou.
• Spring Mountain Adventures (http://spring.springmountainadventures.com) offers mountain biking, geocaching and zip-line canopy tours.
• Explore art at Abington Art Center (http://abingtonartcenter.org). Activities include puppetry, music, science, self-exploration and international crafts.
• Camp out in Green Lane Park (www.montcopa.org/index.aspx?NID=871). There’s boating, fishing and hiking, and the amphitheater has concerts and educational programs.
• Amble over to Ambler for the Stoogeum (www.stoogeum.com). This mecca of madcap houses thousands of items of Three Stooges memorabilia.
• At the John James Audubon Center (http://pa.audubon.org/john-james-audubon-center-mill-grove), conservation and birding are brought to kids in hands-on, interactive ways. The center also offers canoeing down the Perkiomen Creek, with instructions for landlubbers and naturalist guides.
• Merrymead Farm (www.merrymead.com) hosts Holsteins, and the entire milking process is explained in a “Moo to You” tour.
• Tee’s Golf Center (www.teesgolfcenter.com) has two 18-hole minigolf setups, a driving range, golf lessons and batting cages.
There are numerous family-friendly eateries and more than 8,100 hotel rooms. Find them at http://valleyforge.org/directory/accommodations.
You can find further facts and ideas from the nonprofit Valley Forge Convention and Visitors Bureau, Ltd. at www.valleyforge.org and on the new blog, The Pursuit, at ThePursuit.valleyforge.org.
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)