The free two-day Salute to Veterans airshow will be hosted over Memorial Day weekend from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 25-26 at the Jefferson City Memorial Airport.
The 2019 theme is “Remembering their Sacrifices” in honor of the 75th anniversary of D-Day on June 6, 1944.
Flying assets will include:
• Lima Lima two-ship T-34 aerobatic demonstration.
• Flight of the Stearman four-ship aerial demonstration.
• U.S. Air Force Wings of Blue Skydiving Team.
• U.S. Army Special Operations Command Black Daggers Parachute Team.
• WWII de Havilland Vampire aerobatic demonstration.
• Lockheed T-33 “Shooting Star” aerobatic demonstration.
• Trojan Phlyers T-28 aerobatic demonstration team.
• 1948 A-1 Skyraider aerobatic demonstration.
• UH-1B “Huey” helicopter aerial demonstration.
• T-6A Texan II two-ship aerial demonstration.
• Reno Racer “Radial Velocity” T-6 aerobatic demonstration.
• Model airplanes flying and on display.
Static displays will include UH-60 BlackHawk, UH-72 Lakota, CH-47 Chinook, USN Helicopter Sea Combat “Dragon Whales,” A-10 Thunderbolt II, military vehicles, BT-13 Vultee, Curtiss JN-4 Jenny, P-51 Mustang, Piper L-4 Grasshopper, Cessna L-19 Bird Dog, T-6A Texan II, A-1 Skyraider, WWI Dawn Patrol, and L-16 Aeronca.
The Salute to Veterans Parade will be hosted at 10 a.m. May 27 in downtown Jefferson City.
For more information, visit www.salute.org.