During daily meetings July 8-12, the Pettis County Commission:
• Met with Pettis County Treasurer Kim Lyne who presented the monthly tax reports. Sales tax is down 10.6% in the county and the use tax is down 13.5%.
• Met with a resident regarding the floodplain infringement on South Park Avenue. The landowner must submit an engineering design for the commission to grant a permit.
• Reported crews are replacing cracked glass in exterior windows of the Pettis County Jail.
• Met with representatives from Computer Information Concepts regarding county financial systems and HR software.
• Met with Pettis County Auditor Beverly Dillon and Pettis County Sheriff Kevin Bond to discuss proposed budget adjustments for the Pettis County Jail. Budget amendments will be submitted in August regarding Pettis County Jail staff salaries.
• Reappointed Lynn Snow and Nevin Almquist to the Pettis County Law Enforcement Restitution Fund Board.
• Talked with Charlie Thomas of Viebrock Construction about the purchase of box culverts for use by the Road and Bridge Department for design and structure use.
• Met with resident Jim Lewis to discuss a brush control agreement on Arnett and Prairie Roads.
• Met with Gary Strack from Anderson Engineering to review a report regarding an underwater inspection for BRO projects on Claycomb Road and over Turkey Creek Road and Muddy Creek.
• The census for the jail for the week of July 8 is 197 inmates.
The Pettis County Commission meets at 9 a.m. Monday through Friday in Commission Chambers on the second floor of the Pettis County Courthouse.
To make an appointment or to request an issue be placed on the commission’s agenda, call the Pettis County Clerk’s Office at 660-826-5000 ext. 918.