Writers of Warrensburg will present its fourth annual Workshop for Writers on Saturday, June 8. The workshop is an opportunity for writers of all skill levels working in a variety of genres to spend the day in four interactive writing craft and marketing workshops with knowledgeable and published industry professionals. Each participant will have an opportunity for work to be reviewed by multiple authors.
This year’s topics include:
• “Putting Tension in Your Manuscript and Not in Your Shoulders,” presented by New York Times bestselling author Carla Cassidy, who has published over 150 books.
• Author E.E. Burke’s novella has been a Kindle Top 100 Bestseller and Kindle Best Book semifinalist. She will demonstrate “How to Weave Emotion into Your Manuscript to Build Interesting Characters.”
• Local author Stan C. Smith will share his knowledge and technical expertise on “How to Build Author Websites and Email Lists to Turn Readers into Fans. “
• Authors and Publishers and UCM graduates Isaac and Stephanie Flint will use their shared knowledge to present “Tips to Make You an Excellent Self-Editor.”
• Jason Mueschke, host of the popular podcast, “The Sample Chapter Podcast,” will demonstrate the benefits of this social media platform.
The cost $35 for workshops, food and drinks and materials. The workshop takes place from 9 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. at Cena’s Nook Bed and Breakfast, 110 E. Hale Lake Rd. A multi-author book signing will follow from 4 to 6 p.m. at Reader’s World, 503 N. Maguire St. For more information or to sign-up, contact Goldie Edwards, WoW administrator, at 660-362-0014 or at email@example.com.