During daily meetings July 1-5, the Pettis County Commission:
• Heard a second read on a petition to close Prairie Ridge Road. Commissioners voted 3-0 to officially close the road.
• Heard a petition to open Berry Park Road. After an on-site review, it was determined the road is only 15 feet wide with no county easement. Commissioners voted 3-0 to table action on a decision regarding the road until Oct. 1.
• Met with resident Mike Kreisel to discuss the possible road closure of Cloney Road.
• Inspected Renken Road regarding chip and seal damage and repair to the road.
• Met with Sedalia/Pettis County 911 Emergency Management Coordinator James Theisen to discuss the state application for the proposed Central Dispatch facility.
• Met with Pettis County IT Coordinator Luke Goosen to discuss the IT system for the Pettis County Sheriff’s officers serving as patrol in Green ridge.
• Received an update on work on the Pettis County Juvenile Center security upgrades. Work on the project is nearing completion.
• Accepted delivery of a new truck for use by the Pettis County Road and Bridge Department. The truck includes a detachable snow plow and salt spreader for use in inclement weather. conditions.
• Met with Pettis County Auditor Beverly Dillon to discuss insurance relating to the Drug Task Force.
• The census at the Pettis County Jail for the week of July 1 is 212 inmates.
The Pettis County Commission meets at 9 a.m. Monday through Friday in Commission Chambers on the Second floor of the Pettis County Courthouse.
To make an appointment or to request an issue be placed on the commission’s agenda, call the Pettis County Clerk’s Office at 660-826-5000 ext. 918.