Log in

The bank on the corner

By Rhonda Chalfant Contributing Columnist
Posted 1/24/23

After the first passenger train of the Pacific Railroad arrived in the newly established town of Sedalia in January 1861, the town began to grow. One of the enterprising men who built a business here was David Phillips, who opened a store at the northeast corner of Main Street and Osage Avenue.

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

Log in

X