State FFA President, Abby Bertz, represents generations of family farmers
Sedalia City Council gets new TIF district timeline
Ewing-Schutte-Semler Funeral Home closes
Williams, Lyles power Gremlins to 70-22 victory
Houstonia youth exhibits during Missouri Sale of Champions
- State FFA President, Abby Bertz, represents generations of family farmers - 2:18 am
- Sedalia City Council gets new TIF district timeline - 11:43 pm
- Ewing-Schutte-Semler Funeral Home closes - 10:54 pm
- Houstonia youth exhibits during Missouri Sale of Champions - 10:38 pm
- Photos: Total Eclipse of the Trail draws around 1,000 people - 8:43 pm
- Total Solar Eclipse Viewing Party at State Fair Community College draws large crowd - 7:00 pm
- Photos: Total solar eclipse darkens skies Monday in Sedalia - 6:48 pm updated: 6:54 pm.
- Aug. 19 Police Reports - 7:00 am
- View Story - 2:56 am
- Missouri State Fair sheep exhibitor expresses gratitude to family, FFA - 10:13 pm
- Photos: Missouri State Fair Carnival Midway alive with evening color - 10:05 pm
- Aug. 19 Fair Watch - 9:58 pm
- Missouri State Fair Dahlia Show abloom with color - 9:41 pm
- Local resident wins at Missouri State Fair for losing at Missouri Lottery Building - 9:34 pm
- Curtis family strives to leave a legacy for others at Missouri State Fair - 6:25 pm
- Community calendar for Aug. 20 through Aug. 26 - 3:29 pm updated: 5:34 pm.
- Aug. 18 Crash Reports - 2:28 pm
- Aug. 18 Fair Watch - 2:27 pm
- Gov. Eric Greitens attends first Missouri State Fair as governor - 11:44 pm
- Photos: Missouri State Fair Gypsy Horse Show continues Friday - 8:45 pm
- Missouri State Fair Championship Pie Contest announces winners - 8:39 pm updated: 10:31 am.
- Rabbit breeders show at 54th Missouri State Fair - 8:30 pm
- UPDATE: Shooting victim identified - 2:43 pm updated: 5:38 pm.
- Aug. 17 Crash Reports - 8:14 am
- Aug. 16 Police Reports - 7:00 am
Missouri State Fair sheep exhibitor expresses gratitude to family, FFA
Lessons learned on the farm are ones that often can develop into life-long passions, helping to shape and influence the work a young person may choose...
Photos: Missouri State Fair Carnival Midway alive with evening color
As twilight set in Thursday evening, the Missouri State Fair Carnival Midway came alive with color. The Midway Carnival is provided each each year by ...
Aug. 19 Fair Watch
I treated some members of the newsroom to lunch on the fairgrounds Friday, a Democrat tradition. Faith, Hope and I opted for one of our favorite food ...
Missouri State Fair Dahlia Show abloom with color
The Floriculture Building was abloom with colorful flowers Friday morning as the Missouri State Fair Dahlia Show readied for judging.Randall Burfeind,...
Local resident wins at Missouri State Fair for losing at Missouri Lottery Building
Recently, many people have been saying you can’t win if you don’t play. While that may be true in most cases, for one Pettis County reside...
Curtis family strives to leave a legacy for others at Missouri State Fair
There is a comfort and joy in coming home, especially if one remembers that home is where the foundations of a lifetime are developed.For Emily (Page)...
Smith-Cotton football outlasts storm, Spartans 7-6
Patience was the theme for Smith-Cotton football in Friday, Aug. 18 after a thunderstorm interrupted week one events in Warrensburg, Windsor, Cole Cam...
The art and science of shooting doves
I have no idea when, where or under what circumstances the expression of total exasperation, “Lord love a duck,” was coined.I’m neve...
Football kicks off, returns to Sedalia on Friday
A glance at area football games kicking off the high school regular season Friday:Moberly at Smith-CottonThe Tigers can avenge a road overtime loss to...
Tigers showcase large group at Black and Gold
With the 2017 season fast-approaching, Smith-Cotton boy’s soccer hosted its annual Black and Gold Game Wednesday, Aug. 16 at Susie Ditzfeld Memo...
Brotherton checks Missouri State Fair from to-do list
Stover motocross rider Josh Brotherton skipped a weekend of events at Challenge Trax in Kingsville - where he class points leader - to finish third in...
Sacred Heart 8-man football talks practice
As trucks, buses and cars hum down Highway 65 past the old Smith-Cotton practice field, the Sacred Heart 8-man football team trickle into stations on ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Mr. and Mrs. Charles Young will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 26 at the Green Ridge Community Building in d...
Mr. and Mrs. Daniel McAloose will celebrate their 25th anniversary with a trip to Las Vegas, Nevada.Daniel and Rhonda were married Aug. 23, 1992 in Ro...
Mr. and Mrs. Tommy Bell, of Green Ridge, will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary with family.Jackie Kendrick and Tommy Bell were married Aug. 24...
Marshall Tucker Band is ‘music for the generations’
Marshall Tucker Band founding member Doug Gray said the group is looking forward to being back in Missouri next week when they perform at the Missouri...
Joni and Todd Price, of Warsaw, announce the engagement of their daughter, Kelcie Renee Price, to Blake Barber, the son of Glenda and Brett Barber, of...
James Holman will observe his 83rd birthday July 29.He was born July 29, 1934, in Richmond.He is married to Judy Holman, of Sedalia.James was an engin...
Not many greater than Sedalia Sonic skater
Devin Berry is on a roll.The 19-year-old Sedalia resident is combining his passions – dance and roller skating – to make a name for himsel...
Pastor’s Pulpit: A rare cosmic phenomenon
In a few days much of America will be looking upward to behold a total solar eclipse. Many eclipse viewing events in the direct path of this rare cosm...
Central Business College alums praise education
Central Business College, established in Sedalia in 1883, advertised itself widely. In addition to hosting a display in a large tent at the Missouri S...
Cleaning up Missouri State Fairgrounds is a team effort
I’ve never seen such a day at the Missouri State Fair like I saw Saturday. The place was packed with people, many in attendance to see the sold-...
Missouri State Fair perfect place to come home
It’s hard to believe, but 2017 marks my fifth year covering the Missouri State Fair for the Sedalia Democrat, and the first year covering it as ...
The truth of my OJ memories
Columnist’s note: I am telling this story in response to the “American Crime Story” program regarding OJ Simpson, which we watched d...