During daily meetings this week, the Pettis County Commission:
• Along with county representatives, met with Nucor senior management and toured building site. Construction on all aspects of the project is moving along nicely, according to the commissioners.
• Responded to a requested from U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Mo., for county infrastructure spending in 2018.
• Approved a request from Meg Liston for use of the first-floor lobby of the Pettis County Courthouse from 2 to 10 p.m. June 8 for the Pettis County Relay for Life.
• Met with resident Vance Kuhn who requested trimming and removal of a tree from his property in Dresden.
• Met with resident Chris Holem regarding a drainage issue on his property.
• Met with Gary Strack of Anderson Engineering regarding road designs related to ongoing road and bridge projects.
• Began work on renovations and security upgrades in the Pettis County Juvenile Offices. Work is expected to be completed in the next 30 days.
• Reported the Highway Department has laid the rock foundation on the following roads to be reclaimed (double chip and sealed): Garrison Road, Carpenter Road, Rieckhoff Road, Tevis Road, 32nd Street (from Camp Branch to Purchase). Ringen School Road is scheduled to have the rock base set next.
• Met with the Missouri Department of Transportation in Lee’s Summit regarding BRO projects and traffic concerns.
• Census at the Pettis County Jail for the week is 200 inmates.
The Pettis County Commission meets at 9 a.m. Monday through Friday in Commission Chambers on the second floor of the Pettis County Courthouse.
To make an appointment or to request an issue be placed on the commission’s agenda, call the Pettis County Clerk’s Office at 660-826-5000 ext. 918.