Log in

Pettis County continues vaccine clinics, monoclonal treatment

Posted

Pettis County added 125 confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Sept. 12, bringing the total number of cases to 6,809, according to the Pettis County Health Center. 

According to the Pettis County COVID-19 Task Force briefing issued Monday, the DHSS website reports Pettis County has a positive rate of 13.1% for the past seven days, which is an increase from 12.9% for the last week with PCR testing. This week there were 749 PCR tests and 466 antigen tests for a total of 1215. Last week there were 1,231 tests.

According to the health center, for the time period Sept. 3-9, the group with the highest number of new cases was 13- to 18-year-olds with 18 followed by 5-12-year-olds with 11 and 30-34-year-olds with 14. There were 37 individuals birth to 18 with positive cases reported in the time period. Since July 1, 20.66% of total cases are in individuals 0-18 years of age.

For the period Sept. 4-11, there were 144 positive tests reported and 24 were fully vaccinated for a break-through rate of 16.6%, which leaves an unvaccinated rate of 83.4%. The briefing stated a significant majority of positive cases are un-vaccinated.  

There are 16 individuals hospitalized at Bothwell Regional Health Center as compared to 14 last week. There is one patient on a ventilator as compared to three last week.

The DHSS website now reports 92 deaths in Pettis County up from 88 last week, the briefing said. 

According to the briefing, Pettis County has now vaccinated approximately 39.5% of the population with at least one dose. The briefing noted that the state website lists 16,745 Pettis County residents as having received one dose and 14,557 are considered fully vaccinated, which is approximately 34.4% of the population. 

“Pettis County is falling behind the state rate of 52.7% with at least one dose and 46.3% fully vaccinated,” the briefing said. “The state is reporting 63.9% of the population over 18 has at least one dose of vaccine and 56.4% are fully vaccinated.” 

For Pettis County, 50.1% of the population 18+ has at least one dose and 43.9% are fully vaccinated. According to the briefing, the new DHSS page lists 21.7% (758) of 12-17-year-olds as having started vaccination and 16.2% (564) are fully vaccinated.

For this week, according to the briefing, 473 doses of vaccine were given to Pettis County residents as compared to 611 doses last week. Vaccines are available at AFC Urgent Care, some local pharmacies, at many community events as well as Katy Trail Community Health, Bothwell Regional Health Center and Pettis County Health Center. All vaccines are free.

At this time, a third dose is available to those individuals with a weakened immune system due to illness or medications. 

Pettis County Health Center has regular walk-in clinics from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays, from 8:30 a.m. to noon Thursdays and from noon to 3 p.m. Fridays. First doses are available as well as second doses for those unable to make their second dose appointment. Call 660-827-1130 to register, but appointments are not required. 

People with a positive COVID-19 result and who have had symptoms in the last 10 days may call the state-run Monoclonal Antibody Infusion Center referral number at 660-829-6647 to be screened for potential treatment that can prevent severe illness and hospitalization. There is no cost for this treatment. People who have had a high-risk exposure to a COVID-19 positive person should speak with their provider about receiving treatment. 

Bothwell offers drive-thru COVID-19 testing at its Healing Arts Center at 3700 W. 10th St. in Sedalia. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to noon Saturday. People must register before arriving. Current Bothwell patients may register by calling 660-827-7900 or scheduling their own COVID-19 testing appointment in Bothwell’s patient portal, MyBothwellHealth at www.brhc.org/portal or in the MHealth app. 

People with COVID symptoms may see a provider in the Walk In Clinic to see if a rapid test is recommended. 

Bothwell will offer the Pfizer vaccine from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 15 at Bothwell Healing Arts Center on the second floor, for people aged 12 and up. People may walk-in; however, appointments are encouraged. Visit www.brhc.org/vaccine for all clinic dates and other locations where vaccines are offered.

Katy Trail Community Health is offering free vaccine and free testing at its Sedalia site, 821 Westwood Drive. Vaccines are available at its other locations in Warsaw, Versailles, and Marshall. For testing, visit www.katytrailcommunityhealth.org or call 877-733-5824 to schedule an appointment.

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here

X